Search This Blog

My age :o)

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

What a weekend...

Oh boy, what a weekend... Where do I start??


We had a pretty hot day on Saturday again. I'm talking 90˚ plus and this is what my Bro was doing...
Yep! Just basking in the hot sun. My Mommy said that he is going to be baked by the time he comes in :-)))
Check Me out cooling off in the house and hiding from the heat ;-)



In the evening we went to Lake Michigan in Evanston by Northwestern University. This is where my parents met almost 15 years ago :-)
My Mommy was reading a good book with her little Sis, Chupy, and my Daddy was walking by with his little Bro, Teddy.
Chupy was a funny looking Min Pin who became infatuated with Teddy, who was a very handsome Shih Tzu.
I'm told that it was love at first sight and the rest is history.

Anyways, that place is very special to my family so we go there quite often and walk along the Lake when the weather is nice.


Sunday, we kind of took it easy during the heat hours and in the evening, I heard my parents talking about going downtown Chicago. I cleared my schedule immediately and told them that I was available.
I could not believe it but they actually took me up on it. See it never hurts to ask ;-)
So we went to my favorite restaurant, the Oak Street Beachstro by Lake Michigan. We are regulars there :-)
On the way out everybody was aww-ing over this little peanut
I could not believe it; even my Mommy went nuts over the little gremlin. I guess he was a pomeranian/malteese mix that was probably less than 1/2 Lb.


Well, I was very civil and went over to introduce myself but the little afterthought, raised his head up high and turned his back on Meee. I guess he liked the white curly girl better. Oh well, his loss...

Monday, I had a very exciting morning because my girlfriend Tuffy came over for a short visit
I was sooo happy because we did not see each other for awhile; due to the high temps, she was not taken for her walks during the day.


Even my Sis was happy to see her...
Well, that is all for now. My Mommy is after me to get off of the computer ;-)
You all have a grrrreat day,
Neeko :-)
P.S. The joke of the day:

~ The Bennett family had just moved into the neighborhood and was anxious to make a good impression. But the neighbors seemed busy and not interested.

One day Matthew, their youngest boy, ran into the house and announced: ''Ma, a lady down the street just asked me my name!''
Mother replied: ''Great! And then what happened?''
Matthew said: ''Oh, she gave it to the policeman.'' ~

2 comments:

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Do you live in Evanston? We lived at 621 Ingleside Place for a few months. Well, not "we", exactly. My mom did when she was 13. She used to ride her bike down to Northwestern and chase fireflies...and boys. LOL.

Schlurps...

MMOB

Neeko said...

Hello Gorgeous!

Wow! What a small world...
We actually live right by Six Flags, Great America but we go everywhere in the summer time; we travel a lot ;-)

It is something magic about that area though... My Mommy says that the day she met my Daddy, it felt like the time just stopped and everything became so tranquil. She was sitting by this lagoon and all of a sudden, she saw the sun rays turn into hundreds of diamonds reflecting on the water. It was one of those moments, one only reads in tales.

Coming up on 14 years of marriage, they still go there every year when not out of town, and reminisce about the magic moment.

Loving youuu,
Neeko ♥♥♥